Unit 4: Newtonian Model of Motion
|Tuesday, February 10
- How can the acceleration of an object be determined from the net force and mass?
- How can force situations involving friction be analyzed?
- What factors affect air resistance?
- How does air resistance affect a falling object and why does it cause a terminal velocity?
- Newton's Second Law: review p. 16, do p. 17
- Friction; do p. 21
- Work on WebAssign - Newton's Laws Ass't 2
- Discuss air resistance
- Lab NM5 - Coffee Filter Skydiver
- Post-lab NM5; do p. 19
- Collect Lab Notebooks
|Wednesday, February 25
- How can situations involving angled forces causing accelerations across horizontal surfacesbe analyzed?
- How does the parallel component of gravity on an inclined plane relate to the angle and the weight?
- How can Newton's laws be used to analyze the motion of objects along inclined planes?
- Lab Test
- Check Lesson 3d Reading Guide (Motion in 2D)
- Another Angle on Fnet = m•a: p. 32
- Mathematical Derivation ... (p. 33)
- Inclined Plane Analysis (p. 34)
- If time allows: WebAssign - Vectors and Forces - Ass't 2
- WebAssign - Vectors and Forces - Ass't 2
- Minds On Physics: Forces in Two Dimensions, Ass't F2D2 and F2D5
- Lab Notebooks to be collected (Labs NM7, NM8, and NM9)