Unit 1 - Quiz 1
2014-15 School Year
The first quiz of the Ray Optics unit will be taken at the end of class
on Friday, September 12. The quiz will address the following objectives:
- The student should be able to state the law of reflection,
identify angles of incidence and angles of reflection, and use some
basic geometry to predict an angle between a light path and a mirror or
a normal line for a dual-mirror system.
- The student should be able to explain
what an image is and how it is formed and use a diagram to demonstrate
how a plane mirror image is formed.
- The student should be
able to use a ray diagram to analyze a physical situation, answering
such questions as how does light get from the object to the mirror to
an observer's eye, what portion of a mirror is required to view a
particular image, and what images can a person see in a plane mirror
from a given location.
- The student should be able to describe the difference between diffuse reflection and specular reflection.
- The student should be able to analyze a
parallel mirror system and identify the location of the primary,
secondary, tertiary, quartenary, ... and the 34, 621st image to the right of the rightmost mirror.
- The student should be able to analyze
data and information in an effort to identify a reasonable conclusion
that is supported by the data.